Want to know how to uninstall apps on mac in a easy way. Well simply removing or eliminating all the temp files from the mac is very much easy and simple enough. Most of the times the user simply drag the respective application into the trash with no second thought.
Keeping this aside there are some files existing in another location and finding them might become a difficult task to the single user. Few were said to be visible and few were invisible. In order to delete such apps or the programs, it is necessary to consider an uninstaller called either a Finder or some other like a launchpad.
This is all for washing out associated data completely. Doing so greatly secures the Mac OS and free up the storage in a more successful way. Here we go with fewer methods that were greatly used for how to uninstall apps on mac to a greater extent before that have a look on how to take screenshot on mac. Let us look forward to all the steps in more detail and implement accordingly.
How to Uninstall Apps on Mac
Following are the different methods involved to delete the apps/ programs on mac in a more successful way.
- How to Delete an App using Launchpad
- Uninstall the app Through Finder
- Eliminating App Library files, Caches and Preferences
- Use AppCleaner to clean all files.
Here we go with all the steps provided one by one in a clear and better understandable format.
How to Delete an App using Launchpad
Before stepping into the process, let me tell you what exactly the Launchpad is? It is an application launcher supported by the macOS that starts by performing with a single click. If you see, it is the most convenient way to delete all the apps that were exactly downloaded through the Appstore comparatively. Here we go with the simple steps provided in a clear and better understandable format.
Open the Launchpad available in the taskbar. Or in another way, open the Launchpad using the gesture either by placing a thumb or three fingers together in order to display the Launchpad respectively.
- Pick the app you like to uninstall from your Mac operating system and perform a long click on it.
- Once it is done, shows a black color icon appearing at the top of the icon which indicates a delete or uninstalling the particular app from the device.
- Therefore, when you press on it, prompts by displaying do you want to delete the application “Google Chrome”. If yes, click on it.
- That’s all!!!! As simple as that!!!!
Make a note as deleting the app will not cancel any kind of subscription you have done before. Also have a look on how to disable pop up blocker on mac for free without deleting data.
Uninstall the App Through Finder
Below are the certain steps provided one by one. Follow all the instructions accordingly to implement right now without facing any kind of trouble.
- First and foremost, locate the app available in the finder. All the apps were greatly available in the respective application folder. This is all can be seen at the sidebar of the respective uninstaller called the Finder.
- Now, simply drag the respective application into the trash. Or else, can try by picking an app and then File-> move to trash respectively.
- If in case, it asks to provide both username and password, need not get worried about it. Provide the credentials and then uninstall/ delete the program very well.
- At last, if you like to delete the app, select finder and move it into the trash.
- As simple as that!!!!!
Eliminating App Library files, Caches and Preferences
Well, these files are specially created at the time of installing certain apps. Need not to worry about them. This is because locating such files and removing is not a big deal in these days. All the library files or preferences created associated with apps can be cleaned using a particular utility called Appcleaner. This is the app helps in washing out all the unused files created at the time of installation of certain programs on your device.
Keeping this aside, if you like to clean all of those files manually, the following are the paths you find such things to be cleaned on time. Remember, these might not harm to your device but consumes a little space available on your device very well.
So it is mandatory to eliminate such files whenever you install certain apps/ programs associated with it. The locations where the user can find were given below. Have a look and proceed further.
- The application support files can be found at ~/Library/Application Support/(App Name)
- And preferences at: ~/Library/Preferences/(App Name)
- Caches at: ~/Library/Caches/(App Name).
At times, one has to look forward by providing the app developer’s name rather than the application name. Therefore, in order to save all our storage space from the unused files, clean up or wash out completely up to date in order to avoid storage issues accordingly.
Use AppCleaner to Clean All Files
Till now we have seen how to delete or uninstall associated files manually. Now it is the time to learn how to clean all the files using Appcleaner in step by step. Follow all the steps accordingly and implement right now to eliminate all the temp folders without any fail.
- Firstly, download and install the respective AppCleaner into the device with no second thought.
- Once the whole installation process gets complete, open the AppCleaner for deleting unused files.
- Simply drag the app or a program into the Appcleaner window, so that it completely scans all the files associated with it and display accordingly.
- Confirm once again and then click on remove button available right there.
- That’s all!!!!! Remember one specific point as one should definitely login with an administrator account by providing respective credentials in order to authenticate.
- Once done, the Appcleaner helps in eliminating all the associated files or the programs in a more successful way.
- Keeping this aside, it also has come with a smart delete option available at the preferences menu. this helps to remove all the temp files bit faster.
Other Articles on MAC
- How to Install iMessage For Mac
- How to Factory Reset MacBook Air
- Get how to use snapchat filters
- Reverse image search android
As per my views, the above methods are very clear for how to delete programs on mac provided step by step. If any doubts or like to get more and more information about them, ask us t anytime so that e help you in short. If you are interested to share, go ahead through any of the social networking sites and help them for how to uninstall apps in less time. Thank you. Get back with this wonderful site called techlish for more interesting articles and useful information.